March 8, 2015

21 Day Fix Extreme Review

I have completed the 21 Day Fix Extreme. Boy I am glad that it is over!



I don't mean that in a bad way, I just not used to being that strict on myself but I can clearly see that I needed it. I needed the structure and discipline and for that I would do it again.

I remember starting out with the meal plan and knowing I was going to make it Real Food friendly but in order to get used to the whole program without deprivation I started my carbs out with steel cut oats before transitioning to sweet potatoes for all carbs. I would say that for a person that is on a Real Food Diet this is probably the crappiest part about the whole thing.....carbs! I love plantain, yucca, among other Real Food carbs but they were not added.


Let's go into the PRO's of this.



I love how everything is laid out in an easy to understand format. Nutrition made simple! I think it is great to have a food list not a recipe list because it allows the person to make the type of recipe they want and exhibit creativity which can create a long lasting habit toward healthy eating.

I loved the workouts. They were challenging and that step up that a lot of us extreme workout peeps were looking for which I really liked. The first few days I was a bit LOST as to what was going on but by week 2 I was charging through those workouts. I liked that you have a different workout every single day which was a great way to experience different kinds of fitness techniques out there.

I love the color coded nutrition cups. Those are a great and different way to speak nutrition and portion control. I liked that the colors are lively and fun and there is no real measuring if it fits in the cup and you can close it than you can go ahead and eat it.

I was NOT hungry! There were a few days in there where I was a bit hungry but with my containers I had 3 meals and 1 snack and my 3 meals were big and pretty balanced. Had I taken the time to be more crafty with my meal plan I would probably have done a bit better.

This program overall was great and I am glad that after my pregnancy and breastfeeding debacles I was happy to actually get through a program!

The CON's to it.



Pilates sucks. I hated the use of the band it was a HOT mess and I spent more time adjusting the damn band than getting the workout done.

It was very leg heavy. I LOVE working out my legs but during the first week I was super sore and didn't feel like my legs had a proper chance to recover. This is more of an observation though. I got the best results from my thighs and hips so hey! Whatever!

The meal plan was a bit TOO strict. I am not trying to be a bikini model so the meal plan here was just a bit to strict for me but that is because I decided to do the program on a whim and I didn't really have my WHY in place to get this done so with that said I kind of in some terms flexed between this and the regular 21 Day Fix meal plan.

Overall:

I think that you need to be in the mindset to follow this meal plan. I would call this meal plan the little black dress meal plan because if you need to tighten up your diet in order to get ready for an event or your bikini body than this is the one for you. If you are looking to lead a healthy regular person lifestyle than the 21 Day Fix Meal plan would be the one for  you to follow. I am going to keep portioning out foods that I tend to over eat (fruit and carbs). This meal plan was pretty close to how I was eating but I like my weekly happy meal and or alcohol day. I LOVE the 85/15 rule. I like to eat things that aren't real like Sour Patch Kids, Pizza, and WINE! I love being slim and normal.

The workouts are amazing and I can't wait to add them into the rotation!

I REALLY think that you should do the 21 Day Fix first before this simply because the meal plan is that much stricter and if you are just getting into a new healthy lifestyle I can probably almost guarantee you that you are going to slide off.

My results?


I lost 5 pounds and 4 inches all over with the most change in my legs, hips, and thighs which I am SUPER thankful for. I have seen more tone in my arms which makes me happy because I can have fat arms if they aren't toned out.

If you are interested in knowing more about the program you can email me at jeannettealverio(at)yahoo(dot)com

0 comments:

Post a Comment