March 2, 2015

Why you need a coach!

I don't know about you but EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. I have gone on a weight loss journey I have been well.......alone. 



It wasn't until I got hooked up with Beachbody that I totally understood I didn't have to be alone! I had people cheering me on and checking in on me and I just sat in my room on the other side of the computer saying WOW people really care about me succeeding in my goals! I thought that it was magic. 

You see, I always went at my weight loss alone. I wanted a buddy but when I really got down to it I really HAD to do it on my own. I know most of you won't go straight up to someone out there and say "HEY! Will you cheer me on while I lose my weight!" Your friend says, "WHAT? Um no you weirdo!" But seriously isn't that what we all want? Someone to tell us that we are doing a good job and to notice things when we want them to? Or maybe to notice things that we cannot see. It's not unnatural to want someone to celebrate in your successes and to help you achieve that success!

So why do you need a coach? 

1.) To help you dig deep. 

My job is to help you figure out why and I mean the why that has more importance than you wanting  to get into your skinny jeans. 

2.) To keep you accountable.

Seriously! Only 10 percent of people starting out a fitness program on their own quit. Why? Because there is no one there watching them to make sure they follow through. If you quit it's no ones fault but your own but when you do you are left with this feeling of BLEH is what I like to call it. 



3.) To have a cheerleader on your side. 

I know that having someone there that will be next to you telling you how great a job you did with that workout or someone talking you through your struggles is IMPERATIVE for success. I know for a fact that weight loss journeys are more than just the weight loss. It always becomes about something more and there is a fear that comes when you start to lose the weight. Having someone in constant contact that understands is crucial for success. 

4.) You have someone to tweak your nutrition.

When you are going at it you always think that you are the one that knows what is best for you. While that is true I totally believe that to be true I also think that someone taking a non-judgemental look at what you are doing and eating can help you fix somethings in your diet. It could be as simple as maybe not eating so many carbs or giving up your candy every. single. night. I help to create a healthy balance to keep your weight loss and the weight lost and put you in maintenance. 

5.) You won't be alone. 

Like I said before, your weight loss journey is one that you go on alone. You might have a supportive husband or partner but eventually it will get kind of old. I know that talking to my husband as supportive as he is about all my healthy eating can be a burn out. I am a passionate person sometimes......ok all the time but sometimes you need to step out and think about how you might feel if they talked to you about cars or whatever they were interested in and passionate about ALL. THE. TIME. I don't know but i kind of zone out my husband when he talks obsessively about motorcycles ha ha ha ha. I'm just sayin'

I think everyone needs a coach to help get to where you want to be in your life. If it is business or fitness or anything really if there is a coach available take them up on their help who knows? You just might take yourself further than you have ever imagined going!

0 comments:

Post a Comment