April 5, 2013

Fear - Do it afraid

I was reading my daily devotional this morning and it rang like bells in my ears! I couldn't believe it. It's like me week long devotionals have been speaking to me but this one was seriously yelling at me!

So I will give you a little overview of what I read this morning.
"Just because ordinary people take steps to accomplish extraordinary things does not mean that they do not feel fear."

"Fear does not mean that you are a coward. It only means that you need to be willing to feel the fear and do what you need to do anyway. It's one of my favorite phrases: 'Do it afraid!'"

Then Joyce Meyer goes on to ask questions if you are living a life that is full of fear and if you are fulfilled and if not find a way to be fulfilled. Her last quote that touched me was;

"Don't spend one more day living a narrow life that has room not only for you and your fears. Make a decision right now that you will learn to live boldly, aggressively, and confidently."

I mean this is some amazing stuff and it has done nothing but speak to me all day. I want to be a business owner, and I want to step away from the military life but I am so scared but I feel as if my calling is outside the 4 walls that I am living in now. 

I too also fear that I am going to gain the weight back that I have lost. I also fear so many things. At times I feel as if I am being safe.....so you feel that way? Do ever feel like you want to do certain things with your life, but are frozen by fear. All of my successes with the exception of weight loss and my marriage have been mapped out for me. Go to school, do the work, get the degree. Study and behave yourself and you will get promoted at work. Owning a business on the other hand....well not so much! It's scary but I have some tips that maybe you and I could take with us to succeed. 

I learned today about reverse engineering my goals. So what that means is take my goals and write down what I need to do to achieve them and research exactly what I need to do to get to where I want to be. If you feel like you can tackle everything on that list in some time than go for it! I am going to do the same! I am so excited but still scared! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment