April 9, 2013

In my fridge and some healthy veggie tips!

As someone who has lost weight and kept it off I get asked what I eat all the time. When I first started losing weight, I ate low calorie but still had tons of processed foods. I cooked the same things all the time. Can we say chicken, broccoli, and brown rice? It got boring but it sure did help me lose the weight that I needed to get off. When I started I also didn't enjoy being in the kitchen so everything was super quick as well. I didn't take the time that I should have to prepare my meals. 

Now that I have gained a better education on food and what works for me and what doesn't I feel more comfortable trying new things. Now I search all over the internet and use cookbooks to plan my meals and I actually enjoy being in the kitchen and experimenting! Here is a look at my fridge. I wish I would have taken one when I first started eating healthy you would have seen a "healthy processed heaven" lol. 


Veggies are a must! I always keep them stocked in my fridge.

Chicken, turkey and vege0tarian burgers :)

My hard vegetables like potatoes and onions, I like to keep them separated from my greens!

 
Hummus, almond milk, vegan butter, and more veggies :) 
Some things to keep in mind 

Meal plan! That way everything in your fridge is what you are going to use through out the week for your meals. 

DON'T buy random vegetables! I did this because I thought that I was going to use them AND I didn't it was a huge waste of money! 

COOK the things that you KNOW are going to go bad first like using your cilantro,, or broccoli and lettuce. Your celery carrots and cucumbers will last a while so you can use those recipes toward the end of the week! I learned this the hard way as well LOL 

You can pre cut your vegetables and freeze them and even put them in an air tight container so that they stay fresh longer. I do this sometimes and it helps me keep the value of what I bought because we all know vegetables don't last long and they can be pricey especially if you are buying out of season. 

Lastly buy what is in season and you will save on costs. Produce costs more because of the transportation it takes to get here and often times that produce will have to the the first that is cooked. :)

Planning is success! It will help you a ton in the long run! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment